- Lago Santa Margarita
- Beach Club and Lagoon
- Parks and Playgrounds
- Beach Club Rules
- Park and Trail Rules
Latest News & Announcements
WANTED: MEMBERS WHO WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to your community? Do you possess integrity, great leadership skills and a passion for connecting the community?
Well here’s your opportunity: the SAMLARC Board of Directors is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill two vacant Director positions on the SAMLARC Board! The Board is searching for members who have a general understanding of the community and its needs, a willingness to commit to board meetings and special events and skill sets and perspectives that align with the organization’s goals and needs.
If you are interested in being a part of a nonprofit leadership team and making a positive difference in the SAMLARC community, serving on the Board of Directors is an excellent way to get involved!
If you or someone you know is interested, please contact SAMLARC Executive Assistant Tita Gervasi at email@example.com or (949) 709-0025 to obtain a Board of Directors Candidacy Packet.
All Candidacy Forms must be received at the SAMLARC Business Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The next Regular Open Session meeting of the Board of Directors will take place on June 23, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Fiesta Room at the SAMLARC Beach Club and Lagoon.
SAMLARC meetings are only open to SAMLARC Members. The Board Agenda and packet is typically uploaded after 8:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meeting. Please log in to view the packet at About Us / Board of Directors / Agendas.
WATER SAFETY DAY
Learn how to keep your family safe in the water this summer! This informative event will feature a Mock Water Rescue performed by the OCFA, Doctor's Ambulance and Premier Aquatic Services. Safe swimming and CPR/AED demonstrations will also be presented. Participants will have the opportunity to sign up for summer swim and health and safety classes. Admission to the event is free and snacks will be available for purchase at the Snack Bar. For more information, contact Susan Ciotoli, Community Lifestyle Manager at Susan.Ciotoli@fsresidential.com or (949) 709-0013.
TICKET DISTRIBUTION FOR JULY 4TH STAR-SPANGLED SPECTACULAR
Pick up your tickets beginning Monday, June 1st, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club. A SAMLARC Gate Access ID Card is necessary to obtain tickets. Ticket distribution will continue until all tickets are gone. Only 1,100 tickets will be available for SAMLARC residents and their guests—pick yours up early! Tickets are limited to a maximum of eight (8) tickets per household for residents and their guests and must be picked up in person. Telephone and email reservations will not be accepted. Once they are gone, they are gone! Be sure to hang on to them—lost tickets will not be replaced. Resident and guest names and SAMLARC ID cards will be required at the time tickets are distributed. CLICK HERE for more information regarding SAMLARC's biggest event of the year: July 4th Star-Spangled Spectacular!
The Spring Delegate Workshop features topics such as:
- Approval process for Sub Maintenance Corporation turf
- SMWD Turf Removal Rebate Program
- A special presentation by Vista La Cuesta Sub
Maintenance Corporation regarding their upcoming
Turf Conversion Plan
This is a very important and timely program given the implementation of the Governor’s State Mandate for a 25% reduction in water use.
Please invite your entire board. Spouses or signifcant others are invited. Dinner will be provided at the Delegate Workshop.
RSVP to Tita Gervasi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 709-0025 by Tuesday May 26, 2015.
NEWS UPDATE 05-05-15: RESTOCKING OF FISH AT THE LAKE
The Lake is now clear of Golden Algae and alive with fish! Since the Golden Algae outbreak last October that caused the fish to die off in Lago Santa Margarita, SAMLARC’s Lake Aquatic Specialist has performed a number of treatments and testing. The most recent results have allowed the Lake to be restocked with fish.
The restocking of fish at Lago Santa Margarita took place on Wednesday, April 22nd and included approximately 500 bass fish approximately 4” to 6” in size and 200 catfish ranging 4” to 6” in size, with the anticipated result they will prey on the minnow carp. Larger catchable size bass and catfish will be added to Lago Santa Margarita prior to the annual Fishing Derby in early June.
A Hydroacoustic survey was performed by SAMLARC’s Lake vendor in late February and the results indicated approximately 100 fish targets identified. The report only shows the size and number of fish present in the Lake. SAMLARC’s lake vendor recently noted a number of juvenile and newly spawned mosquito and carp fish. While the Mosquito fish are desirable, the spawned carp are a concern as mature carp are disruptive to the other fish populations and they stir up the bottom of the lake. However, the presence of new fish is a good sign and indicates that fish are recovering from the Golden Algae event.
SAMLARC Members, be sure to join us on Saturday, June 13th for the Annual Fishing Derby.
THE BEACH CLUB LAGOON IS NOW OPEN!
Beach Club Office Hours of Operation
• 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (thru Sunday, June 21)
• 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Monday, June 22, thru Labor Day)
Beach Club Lagoon Hours of Operation
• Friday, May 1 – Sunday, October 18
• 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (swimming until dusk)
Closed for Cleaning:
• Tuesdays until 12:00 p.m.
• Fridays until 10:00 a.m. (beginning Wednesday, June 24)
Beach Club Amenities
• Fiesta Room Rental (maximum occupancy 49)
• Boat Rentals – Pedal Boats, Kayaks and Aqua Trikes
(weekends beginning Saturday, May 23; daily beginning Monday, June 22)
• Surrey Bike Rentals
• Picnic Tables with Umbrellas
• Covered Patio with Tables
• Barbeque Grills
• Concession Stand (opens Saturday, May 23)
• Two (2) Sand Volleyball Courts
Top 5 Facility Rules
1. No glassware allowed.
2. Only Coast Guard approved life jackets allowed.
3. All children under 4 years of age must wear vinyl pants with elastic at the waist and legs while in the water or on the sand (vinyl pants are available at the Beach Club office).
4. While in the water, a child age three (3) years of age and under must be within an arm’s length of parent or responsible adult eighteen (18) years of age or older. Children four (4) to six (6) years of age must have an adult within 10 feet.
5. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
For more information , please contact the Beach Club at (949) 858-1390.
SAMLARC would like to remind homeowners of the correct address to which monthly assessment payments should be made. The address is:
P.O. Box 512989
Los Angeles, CA 90051-0989
Homeowners are further reminded that they are invited to pay their monthly assessments at the SAMLARC Business Office. Please be advised that only checks are accepted for payment and the SAMLARC Business Office is required to mail received checks to the address above.
For a complete list of current projects and project updates, click HERE.
Via Regressos and Via Arribo Turf Removal and Landscape Renovation Project
Now entering a fourth year of drought, it is crucial that California residents put forth greater efforts to cut back on water consumption and continue promoting water conservation. As one of the larger users of water in the Santa Margarita Water District (SMWD), SAMLARC has taken the lead in developing a comprehensive Water Management Plan to meet the requirements of SMWD Conservation Program Ordinance 2014-10-03 mandating cutbacks.
The following SAMLARC projects have contributed to improved water efficiency and an approximate 25% reduction in water use August 2014 through February 2015.
• Irrigation Controller Replacement Project - The Board approved contracts for purchase and installation of 134 controllers to replace outdated controller technology. Installation was completed in April 2014.
• Antonio Parkway Turf Removal - The Board approved a contract for removal of 18,961 sq. ft. of turf and installation of water efficient plantings subject to obtaining a MWDOC rebate. Work was completed in June 2014.
• El Camino Montana Turf Removal - The Board approved a contract for removal of 37,195 sq. ft. of turf and installation of water efficient plantings and irrigation heads subject to obtaining a MWDOC rebate. Work was completed January 2015.
• Playground Tile Pavers - The Board approved contracts for turf removal and installation of tile pavers around Arroyo Vista Park, Altisima Park, Mesa Linda Park and Trabuco Mesa Park Playgrounds. This benefits SAMLARC Members by creating easier access to playgrounds and reducing sand buildup in adjacent turf. Work was completed January 2015.
Project costs were substantially offset by rebate commitments of $186,038 received from Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC).
At the Board of Directors Meeting of March 24, 2015, the Board approved a turf removal and landscape renovation project for removal of 48,922 sq. ft. turf on Via Regressos and Via Arribo and replanting with 5,492 one-gallon Carissa “Green Carpet” and Callestman “Little John” plants subject to receiving a rebate commitment of not less than $102,000 from MWDOC. The irrigation will also be modified with 1,509 new irrigation efficient nozzles. See the attached aerial reflecting the project area and the plant specifications. The water savings for this area of removed turf is estimated to be 25%.
SAMLARC anticipates having MWDOC approval by April 15, 2015. The project will then commence as follows:
• Week-1: Herbicide treatment of the area
• Week-3: Scalping and removal of turf grass
• Week-4: Install irrigation nozzles and make adjustments.
• Week-5 through 8: Planting and Mulching
Project completion is estimated at June 30, 2015.
SAMLARC continues to evaluate additional areas for ongoing turf removal where savings can be achieved and community aesthetics maintained. The existing plant palette is also reviewed on an ongoing basis to select plants that are better suited to reduced irrigation levels.RANCHO LIVING Did you know Rancho Living is available online? Click here to view the latest issue of Rancho Living.
If you wish to go paperless and opt-out of upcoming issues of Rancho Living in print, simply email your name and address to Charlene.Ponce@fsresidential.com to be removed from the mailing list. Please note that it may take one to two issues for this change to take effect.
VOLUNTEERING IN SAMLARCVolunteers are key to any successful community. Residents who have a vested interest in community events and activities are the volunteers who drive SAMLARC's unique sense of community spirit. Volunteer involvement and participation includes the planning and implementation of community events, activities and recreation programs. Volunteers are becoming the key promoters in mobilizing the neighborhoods and villages of SAMLARC.
If you are interested in volunteering at any of SAMLARC's events or expanding SAMLARC's programs by providing your own unique services, time and/or resources, click here for more information.
CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD
Are you looking to change your password and don't know how? First log in using your current password and click here. Your personal information should be visible along with a "change password" button. By pressing the button, you can easily change your password. Please note: You MUST be logged on in order for your information to be visible. For further assistance email us at email@example.com.
PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM
SAMLARC has made it even easier for residents to request park reservations! Now you can reserve, view and pay for park use online. More Info
Connect to SAMLARC through Facebook and Twitter! Click the buttons below to follow us and start receiving up-to-the-minute information and updates!
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR TWITTER
1. Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign up box, or go directly to https://twitter.com/signup.
2. Enter your full name, email address, and a password.
3. Click "Sign up for Twitter".
4. On the next page, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter) — type your own or choose one Twitter has suggested. They will tell you if the username you want is available.
5. Double-check your name, email address, password, and username.
6. Click "Create my account". You may be asked to complete a Captcha to prove that you're human.
7. Twitter will send a confirmation email to the address you entered on sign up; click the link in that email to confirm your email address and account.
8. Follow SAMLARC on Twitter! Username: @SAMLARC